Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Little butter biscuits

Well the biscuit tin was empty again so I thought I should do some baking. I much prefer my boys to be eating homemade biccies because at least I know what is in them when I make them myself. I rarely buy supermarket biscuits....although my hubby is rather partial to the Double Coat Timtams......

So I made some butter biscuits. This recipe is very simple and you can use it for a plain shortbready biscuit or decorate it with lollies or make jam drops (my favourite!)

Butter Biscuits

  • 125g butter

  • 1/3 cup caster sugar

  • 1 tsp vanilla essence

  • 1 1/2 cups plain flour

  • 1 tsp baking powder

  • 2 tsp milk


    1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
    2. Beat the butter, caster sugar and vanilla essence in a medium mixing bowl with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Sift the plain flour and baking powder together. Use a wooden spoon to mix the dry ingredients and milk into the butter mixture. Mix to a soft dough.
    3. Roll small balls of biscuit mixture with lightly floured hands and place on the prepared baking try about 5cm apart. Flatten each ball and decorate as you wish
    4. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Stand on the baking tray for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

    
    Smartie butter biscuits waiting for the oven
    


    
    Choc bud biccies
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment